CFTROU 0119: Evangelize in a Crisis: Sam Chan Part 1
CFTROU 0119: Evangelize in a Crisis: Sam Chan Part 1COVID-19 has prompted many churches to pivot to online church. At Family Church, we have built our online presence to offer this as well. We call it Family Church at Home. As we continue to press forward, what will church look like post-COVID-19? On this episode, we speak with Dr. Sam Chan, who is not only a practicing medical doctor, but also has a PhD in Theology from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Sam joins us from Australia. He believes that evangelism is the art of conversation, rather than knowing exactly what to say. In a post-church, post-Christian world, Sam wants us to know how we can keep evangelism on our minds and evangelize to others. Key Points:
- How COVID-19 has created opportunities for honest and meaningful gospel conversations.
- Why we should be looking for people who aren’t coping well through the pandemic and why this is important.
- How this has opened the door for great conversations about Jesus with our kids and families.
- How COVID-19 has prompted people to realize they don’t have all the answers, making them more open evangelism.
- How evangelism has traditionally taken place at events, but how one-on-one evangelism can be more effective.
- Evangelism is the art of conversation and asking questions, rather than knowing what to say.
- Sam talks about his book, Evangelism in a Skeptical World, and the digital resource he created with City Bible Forum, The Post-COVID-19 Playbook.
I call it the power of the second question: How are you really doing? People are really happy to talk about their deepest, most true, most dark fears right now.
Click To Tweet
Evangelism is the art of conversation and asking questions rather than what to say.
Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.