022: That’s in Tents
On today’s episode, we’re discussing how to properly set up a tent and take full advantage of it.
This is, without a doubt, one of those main camping elements that really need our attention since it’ll be our shelter for the entire trip. Whether it’s a one-person tent or one that can fit many people, there are some basic guidelines you can follow in order to have a good rest and enjoy your nights in the outdoors.
Ever thought of setting up your new tent at home before jumping to the woods? Might be a good idea and we’ll tell you why.
- Differences between tents and what their uses can be
- Looking for the perfect spot to set up your tent. Variables to take into consideration
- Learning what a “Footprint” is and how much it can help
- Studying your surroundings for safety reasons is a smart thing to do
- Going online to check how to properly set up your tent when manuals are not enough
- Useful tips when you use fiber glass poles and they start to worn out
- How to properly set up Lightweight tents
- Double use of trekking poles. Believe it or not, one of them is helping set up a tent
- Taking full advantage of your rain fly
- Thinking ahead of time to fully enjoy your trip to the outdoors and be more time effective
Links and Resources:
Quotes from the episode
“Once I know this is where I want to set up my tent (…), the last thing I’ll do is look up” Nate
” I want to make sure that my door is going in the proper direction” Christopher
” If the tent is fighting you, you’re doing something wrong” Nate
” If you take the time and you focus on setting up your tent properly, then you can forget about the tent, the rest of the time you’re out to enjoy the outdoors” Christopher