The year that was 2020 - Reflections with Brenda, Pamela and Dalitso
In this episode, Alex is joined by Brenda, Pamela and Dalitso to reflect on the most unusual year for everyone.
They discuss wide-ranging topics from the vaccine to a business world on zoom and not missing the commute to work along with misinformation, what we want to believe and owning a dog.
In this frank conversation hear what they think about the year that was 2020, a very different year.
- It’s important to have a vision and everything is about the quality of the content
- It’s not about being perfect it’s about getting started
- Good cohesive content with an overarching theme is the best way forward.
- Your style is what people are attracted to.
- Being authentic and who you really are is vital.
- Sometimes being able to discuss things in an organic way produces the most interesting discussions.
- This lockdown has been an opportunity to stop and reflect on what you really want from life.
- People are now more prepared to invest in themselves.
- When you are setting out its important to look at your end goal and work backwards.
- Having a pet is a big commitment you have to be prepared to do lots to look after it.
‘Previously I was moving along but not moving to the next level’
‘As a group of people, we are very unquestioning of others and information’
‘There is both emotional and physical pain’
ABOUT THE GUESTS
Brenda Malinki (BM) - Telecoms consultant, mental health and women empowerment advocate
Dalitso Nyalani (DN) - Licenced mental health therapist with experience in addiction and trauma
Pamela Naphiyo (PN) - Finance student with experience in social welfare and spiritual wellbeing
ABOUT THE HOST
Alex is a prize-winning chartered accountant with experience in financial markets from trading finance, capital hedging, structural foreign exchange and interest rates to operational risk from the world’s top financial and advisory institutions including Deloitte, RBS and JPMorgan Chase
Alex has been involved in property development programmes across different types since 2008, building and managing a portfolio that includes standard buy-to-lets, student accommodation and other houses in multiple occupancy (HMOs).
He specialises in raising finance, providing potential investors, investors and joint venture partners with ad hoc (to their specific requirements), hands-free and hassle-free property investments solutions as well as coaching and mentoring
Alex aspires to share business and financial knowledge with upcoming entrepreneurs and experienced business minds to learn and master the concepts and mindsets required to succeed, stand-out, have the edge and make a difference.
Alex is also a keen traveller, cyclist and photographer.
Twitter - @alex_sapala
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.