A lesson from The Kings Speech
Alex reflects on the messages and lessons shared in the Academy Award-winning film “The King’s Speech”
It can be easy to underestimate the impact and influence our words can have on others.
It can help someone to realise the worth they have and how they can have a positive role to play.
If you understand the importance of your own words you can choose them carefully and plant seeds of understanding in others about the role everyone has to play and its value in the world.
- The words ‘you are the bravest man I know’ helped the man to realise there was something of value within him.
- He realised he was someone who could help and influence others.
- It’s important to realise the impact our words can have on others.
- What we say to others has a real impact.
- What we say carries weight with others and can influence how they feel about themselves.
- You can plant the seeds of understanding that everyone has a role to play and is of value through the words you choose to use.
‘Bertie you are the bravest man I know’
‘Plant the seeds of understanding and influence others through your words’
ABOUT THE HOST
Alex is a prize-winning chartered accountant with experience in financial markets from trading finance, capital hedging, structural foreign exchange and interest rates to operational risk from the world’s top financial and advisory institutions including Deloitte, RBS and JPMorgan Chase
Alex has been involved in property development programmes across different types since 2008, building and managing a portfolio that includes standard buy-to-lets, student accommodation and other houses in multiple occupancy (HMOs).
He specialises in raising finance, providing potential investors, investors and joint venture partners with ad hoc (to their specific requirements), hands-free and hassle-free property investments solutions as well as coaching and mentoring
Alex aspires to share business and financial knowledge with upcoming entrepreneurs and experienced business minds to learn and master the concepts and mindsets required to succeed, stand-out, have the edge and make a difference.
Alex is also a keen traveller, cyclist and photographer.
Twitter - @alex_sapala
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.