Presentation 101: The Essential Guide to Professional Presentations
- Firstly, Brent shares his presentation nightmare.
- Secondly, establishing what your goals for the presentation are.
- Thirdly, be clear about what the problem statement is.
- Fourthly, the rule of three for presentations.
- Fifthly, have one key point per slide.
- Sixthly, why practice is essential.
- Seventhly, using stories and analogies.
- Eighthly, the two ways timing is essential.
- Ninthly, presentation etiquette including using a laser pointer, avoiding reading slides, and how many points should be on each slide.
- Tenthly, Brent's presentation pet peeve.
- In addition, why you should be careful with animation, giving credit, and font size.
The Business Minutia Podcast is taking an end-of-year break to enjoy downtime with family. We will return in 2021 with a slew of new topics and follow-ups with former guests.