Marketing more effectively and the life changing power of apprenticeships with Dale Robinson
Enquiries about apprenticeships are soaring for The Source Skills Academy, a leading Sheffield provider of training, according to Dale Robinson.
And it's no wonder: as the UK moves out of lockdown, apprenticeships can help businesses future-proof themselves while giving young people a head-start.
As Director of Business Development for The Source, a charity operating since 2003, Dale works with employers across the Sheffield City Region and his enthusiasm for the life-changing power of apprenticeships is evident throughout this interview.
Dale's own career journey began with an apprenticeship in a bank, and he's determined for businesses and young people alike to benefit from meaningful, fulfilling apprenticeships.
We also cover:
- How The Source adapted throughout the pandemic pandemic to serve the region's businesses and local communities, getting people into training and qualifications that boost their confidence and grow their prospects
- Reopening its conference facilities and creating a new community learning zone
- Its traineeships which support people whose qualifications or confidence have really suffered and can lead into an apprenticeship or job
- How some of Sheffield's most innovative businesses are offering placements through the Government-funded Kickstart scheme
- The Source's communication and marketing methods to engage with employers and young people
- Dale's own inspirations in business
Also in this episode: new funding opportunities and your chance to feature in a future show.
- 0 - 2:19 introduction
- 2:19 Dale Robinson of The Source Skills Academy
- 38:55 Do you run a shop, pub, hairdresser or other business able to re-open from the 12th of April? Would you like to be on the show? How to get in touch and tell your story
- 40:41 Funding opportunities for businesses and social enterprises from UnLtd, the foundation for social entrepreneurs and from the Steel Charitable Trust. Plus Skills Bank extension and wrapping up