How to avoid the energy sharks with Linda Spencer PLUS business and social enterprise funding
What's complicated and costly for many companies? The energy market. But in today's show, practical advice on how to navigate your energy costs from Linda Spencer of Professional Energy Purchasing Ltd.
Energy companies seem to pass wholesale price rises on to customers immediately. Yet many businesses feel there's a big delay before their supplier passes on any drops in the wholesale price. Linda explains why. Her business helps customers reduce their overall energy usage too. She tells me how.
Alongside these and other energy saving and purchasing tips Linda offers a healthy dose of Yorkshire inspiration. She set up her business in 2013. Seven years later she has several members of staff and the business' growth has been entirely self-funded.
Also on the show:
- Book review: A History of the World in Six Glasses by Tom Standage
- Trials of electric vans for Sheffield businesses
- The Social Enterprise Support Fund
- The Well Rotherham Y Accelerator Social Connectivity Challenge
- Worrying GDP and employment data from the ONS
- The Job Retention Bonus scheme and the Kickstart scheme
- The Eat Out to Help Out initiative and the VAT cut
Hope you enjoy this episode – if so, please do leave a review or rating! Thanks for listening.
- 0 – 1:47 Introduction
- 1:47 Interview with Linda Spencer of Professional Energy Purchasing
- 31:48 Electric vans for Sheffield
- 34:24 Business and social enterprise funding and support (Social Enterprise Support Fund; The Well Rotherham Y Accelerator Social Connectivity Challenge and more)
- 43:05 Book review of A History of the World in Six Glasses by Tom Standage
- 45:12 Wrapping up