#42 The Ever-Present with Jeremy Johnson
Jared Janes and Jason Snyder talk with Jeremy Johnson about what led to his interest in Jean Gebser, the nebulosity of time, non-linear consciousness evolution & developmental theory, Gebser's poetic disposition & extraordinary writing style, the un-perspectival world, integral consciousness, the limits of intellect & complex abstraction, the ever-present, mythical consciousness, pattern & nebulosity, wholeness & the spiritual elements of Gebser's work, process orientation vs systemization, maps as living systems, comparing Gebser's view to Integral levels, the danger of meta-theories, the value of pop art, and more.
In this Episode of Both/And
- Mutations Podcast
- Jeremy's Patreon
- Jeremy's book, Seeing Through the World
- Liminal Magazine
- The Ever-Present Origin by Jean Gebser
- The Phenomenon of Man by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- The Progress of This Storm by Andreas Malm
- Jeremy's Side View article, Meta, Modern
- Small Arcs of Larger Circles by Nora Bateson
- Twitter Questions
- Figuring by Maria Popova
- Seeing That Frees by Rob Burbea
Jared Janes participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. In more human terms, this means that whenever you buy a book on Amazon from a link on here, a small percentage of its price is sent to us.