#018: Creating an Online Community with Cristina Curp
As humans, we need the support and companionship that comes with community. Nowadays, that’s a bit more challenging, but luckily, you can build your own community just by being yourself. Everyone has something to bring to the table, and there’s a seat for us all. Pull up a chair as Cristina talks about what she looks for in an online community, what she’s doing to build her own community, and how you can build yours online.
- The importance of community (00:30)
- Where online communities started (1:59)
- What you need to start an online community (02:38)
- Choosing your platform (7:40)
- The value of pricing your content appropriately (8:15)
- The importance of confidence in community (12:37)
- Choosing the business model that works for you (13:51)
- What is your message and what do you want to teach the world? (19:40)
- How the blogging community and social media has changed recently (21:21)
- Setting boundaries on social media (24:13)
- The benefits of nurturing a community (26:45)
- Choosing where to build a platform that works for you (28:17)
- The ultimate goal of community (32:56)
- Mi Casa Cooking Club and closing comments from Beyonce (34:26)
- Join Cristina’s online community and become part of Mi Casa Cooking Club.
- Build your community on Patreon, Podia, or Mighty Networks.
- For more on how to set boundaries on the internet, follow Diane Sanfilippo on Instagram.
- Don’t forget to support Body Wise Podcast by leaving a rating and a review on iTunes.
- Get the show notes and subscribe on your favorite podcast app!
GET BODY WISE: