Wine - Vineyard Cash Flow, Beverage Fraud - VinX, VeChain
Stuart tells us some stories about Scotland's pride: Buckfast tonic wine, which is prone to causing poor behavior. From there, we tackle:
- The traditional wine market: the exporter, the importer, the distributor, the store, the customer ... a long supply chain that can be improved to be more efficient
- How feasible is it to move away from in person purchases to online with wine?
- Baby boomers and millennials, their impact in the current industry
- Avoiding fraud with blockchain technology: the corks and their fingerprint
- The potential to decentralize trust in supply chains and bring measurable benefits and value to the public and private sectors.
Projects trying to be the solution:
- Vechain and “My story” app, for eliminating counterfeit
- VINX, wine futures for giving to consumers a pull or a discount to buy in