Canada's CPA Firms' Sound Strategies for Professional Development.
"We focus a lot on the convenience and mobility of the medium... THAT is a really interesting value proposition."
(128). On International Podcast Day - September 30th - we're joined from Canada by Michael Kravshik. The LumiQ CEO tells us about the podcast-inspired startup he founded to help CPAs turn podcast-listening into learning-credits.
Talking Points. These are just some of the topics discussed in this episode.
- an overview of the Canadian accounting community
- the power of podcasting and audio content for CPAs.
- what’s happening with the medium around the world
- ways a company can leverage its own in-house skills and talent to start creating podcast-style content
- how this can help deliver their own teams’ upskilling and development requirements.
Resources. Use these links to find out more about this topic, or to access free guidance and resources to implement in your own team or organisation.
- Connect with Michael via LinkedIn.
- Visit the LumiQ website and get 3 hours of free content on the app. (If you're in Canada, you'll get CPD credits as well)!
- Find out more about International Podcast Day
- Michael enjoys listening to these accounting and business podcasts
- Dip into our growing library of AICPA & CIMA podcasts.
Share. Know someone who should hear this podcast? Click on these links to automatically share this episode with colleagues and friends. Recommend it to your LinkedIn connections, send to Twitter, auto-share on your Facebook page, or simply tell someone via email.
Social. Use #GoBeyondDisruption, @AICPANews or @CIMA_News.
About Our Podcast. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, we hope that the insights will be consistently useful.
Get in touch. How did you discover our podcast? Where do you listen? What would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we're keen to know what you think. Email us here.
©2018-2020 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA)