Ray Allen: On Playing the Long Game
Two-time NBA champion, Hall of Famer, and fellow Olympic gold medalist, Ray Allen, joined Michael to reminisce about what it takes to play the long game in basketball, life, and the discipline required to be a champion.
“I believe that everything that I learned in my career, everything that sustained me for 18 seasons, it’s important to pass that along,” – Ray Allen
Allen is a 10-time NBA All-Star considered by many to be the greatest three-point shooter of all-time.
He was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in September 2018 and is also an accomplished actor, author, entrepreneur, and influencer.
If you're a fan of the show don’t forget to Subscribe to see new episodes, and Rate or Review us wherever you tune in!
*Note: Ray Allen recorded this podcast outside, so there might be some background noise.
In this episode Michael and Ray talked about:
- Lessons Ray learned early on about the secrets to long-term success
- Why you need to show up every day, every moment to be a champion
- On finding good influences, choosing happiness, and betting on yourself
- Why you'll never be as great as you think you are ... without humility and hard work
- How adversity is the key to change and growth
- And life after basketball
To ask a question, read the transcript, or learn more, visit MichaelRedd.com.