Ira Sharfin: Getting Outside Your Comfort Zone
The CEO of Columbus-based office design and furnishing company, Continental Office, Ira Sharfin, spoke with host Michael Redd about his passion for life-long learning, and why he teaches the mantra “bet on yourself” to his own family.
“The best thing you can do is bet on yourself. It’s not that you don’t need other people – you always need people to help you – but no one can do it for you. There are no handouts.” – Ira Sharfin
Ira is the CEO of the award-winning, Columbus-based, office design and furnishing company, Continental Office, and a member of the Columbus Young Professionals Club Advisory Board.
As a partner of Continental Office since 2005, Ira leads “...one of the top workspace solutions providers in Central Ohio.” The legacy Ohio company has locations in Pittsburgh and Toledo with over 200 employees.
Ira is a Columbus, Ohio native with consulting and management experience at Coopers & Lybrand Consulting, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and IBM Corp.
If you're a fan of the show don’t forget to Subscribe to see new episodes, and Rate or Review us wherever you tune in!
In this episode Michael and Ira talked about:
- Ira’s early challenges in academics
- How to cultivate a passion for life-long learning
- Why you need conscience, conviction, and curiosity to succeed
- Takeaways on how to embrace mistakes and listen with empathy
- How to run a business that leads to lasting prosperity and fulfillment
- Why it’s not where you start ...
- And more!
To ask a question, read the transcript, or learn more, visit MichaelRedd.com.