Drug and Alcohol Testing
In this month's episode we look at drug and alcohol testing employees, and help employers understand their responsibilities, as well as employee rights. There are certain industries where drug testing is required, other businesses just want to adopt a zero tolerance approach to drugs in the workplace.
But successfully introducing alcohol and drug testing into your workplace means navigating a complex legal framework. What are the factors small business owners must consider?
In this episode we learn:
- The legal parameters of alcohol and drug testing in your workplace
- The process involved in getting fair, reliable results
- What to do if an employee refuses a drug or alcohol test, and if they return a positive result
- The role of alcohol and drug testing in workplace health and safety, and risk mitigation
- The importance of a proper process so you can protect your business from General Protections and Unfair Dismissal claims
The Better Business Podcast is brought to you by Employsure, Australia’s largest Workplace Relations consultancy, trusted by more than 20,000 small businesses.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.