Can I Reject A Medical Certificate?
Is it ever ok for an employer to reject a medical certificate? Turns out it is -- under certain circumstances. This month Employment Relations Expert Thorunn Arnadottir joins the show to tell us how a small business owner can legitimately reject a medical certificate, and reveals the valid reasons for doing so.
This month we cover:
- Situations when it might be ok for an employer to reject a medical certificate
- How to establish valid reasons for rejecting a medical certificate
- How to raise concerns around and employee's medical certificate
- Ensuring procedural fairness in rejecting a medical certificate
- How to request more information and organise an independent medical assessment
- Seeking professional advice so you don't deny an employee their basic entitlements
- The essential criteria for a valid medical certificate
The Better Business Podcast is brought to you by Employsure, Australia's largest Workplace Relations consultancy, trusted by more than 20,000 small businesses.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.