Can I Ban Workplace Gossip?
Gossip is a common part of most workplaces, but where should an employer draw the line? While we want to build respectful workplaces, we don't want to be the fun police either. To help us understand the risks and benefits of workplace gossip, Thorunn Arnadottir joins the show.
In this episode we cover:
- Whether an employer can ever ban workplace gossip
- What's the line between friendly office banter and gossip?
- Can gossip be considered a form of workplace bullying?
- What are the obligations employers need to be aware of when it comes to gossip in the workplace?
- The potential benefits of workplace gossip, and how may actually help your business
The Better Business Podcast is brought to you by Employsure, Australia’s largest Workplace Relations consultancy, trusted by more than 24,000 small businesses.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.