Brows, Beauty & Business with Brow Down Studio's René de la Garza
In this episode, brow artist René de la Garza walks us through the process of brow lamination. He shares tips and ideas about thriving and finding opportunities in the beauty industry.
- The Microfiber Velvet Beauty Sponge by René
- Brow Down Studio
- Brow Down Studio Collection
- René’s brow lamination virtual masterclass
- Virtual and in-person training for beauty professionals
- Book a virtual skin consultation with René via email!
All About Brow Lamination
- It’s a new trend in the US, but it’s been in Europe, Russia, and Asia for many years.
- Brow lamination breaks down the hair follicle’s inner protein chains to make the brows sculptable.
- It lasts for 4 to 6 weeks or longer with proper home care.
Golden Nuggets from René
- Focus on your art and compete with yourself.
- Keep learning.
- Work on your Yelp page.
- Know your role as a service provider.
- Don’t be afraid to communicate things that will help you do your job better.
Tips When Dealing with Clients
- Position and situate your client from the get-go.
- Find your gold people.
- Be realistic with your environment, and know how you price yourself.
Tips for Doing Your Brows at Home
- Don’t try to tweeze or wax your brows.
- Comb your brows downward and trim hair by hair instead.
René’s Latest Product
- It is a microfiber latex-free velvet sponge.
- Remember to change beauty sponges every month.
- The sponge gives a really nice finish, and it is very soft.
- René also sells castor oil for brow strengthening and conditioning.
This Episode Is Brought to You by:
Face Reality Skincare
Get the most effective online training for acne treatment for a net cost of $0! Purchase the training course for $500, and get a $500 product credit once you complete the course. Follow the link below to get certified.
Want to Sponsor Our Show?
We have partnered with AdvertiseCast to handle our advertising and sponsorship requests. They’re great to work with and will help you advertise on our show. Click the link below to get started.
Support the Show
- Sign up for our FREE weekly workbooks.
Check out the Beauty Biz BFFs podcast show notes.
Support the show (http://beautybizbffs.com)