Episode 43: Cory Ybarra is Building for Generations
For this episode of the Bay to Bay Podcast we welcome Cory Ybarra as our guest, to talk about her work with Building for Generations. Building for Generations is a non-profit that Cory started when she saw a need in a far-off Tanzania in 2005. Their mission is to support education projects with a focus on persons with special needs by building facilities and providing materials with a goal of creating sustainable programs. This work is especially meaningful for Cory, as she is the mother of a special-needs son.
In our conversation, we talked about a number of topics,
- Some of the biggest challenges raising a special-needs child.
- The special joys that come with having a special-needs child
- Her early professional life
- What Building for Generations is all about
- How Building for Generations got its start
- How Building for Generations got its name
- Their ongoing programs in Tanzania and Peru
- The challenges running a non-profit
- How to work effectively in such far-flung places
- Finding volunteers to help serve on the board and with the projects
- The biggest challenges with fundraising
The post Episode 43: Cory Ybarra is Building for Generations appeared first on Bay to Bay Podcast.