77 | Intentional Friendships, Setting Healthy Boundaries, and Life-Changing Healthy Habits with Zuri Adele
Today, we’re having a heartfelt conversation with Zuri Adele. Zuri is an actor, currently known for her portrayal of Malika Williams on Freeform’s “Good Trouble.”
She is an alumna of Spelman College, UCLA’s school of theater, film, and television, and the British American Drama Academy, and a former acting teacher at both the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for girls in South Africa and UCLA.
Before “Good Trouble,” Zuri performed on many stages with Georgia Shakespeare, the SITI Company of New York, and the UCLA MFA Acting program.
She is passionate about wellness, access to education, and social justice, Zuri launched and oversees the Zuri Adele Fellowship for HBCU Alumni, which provides support for HBCU graduates pursuing their Master of Fine Arts degrees in theater, film, and/or television.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How to hold space for one another and cultivate community
- Being in spaces where you can be your authentic self
- Creating intentional wellness practices
- How different wellness practices shape our lives
- The foundation of how to take care of yourself first
- Learn more about Zuri at Zuriadele.com
- Follow Zuri on Instagram: @Zuriadele
- Catch up on Good Trouble on Freeform
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for $5 off your order of adaptogen blends
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
PS: If you really want to take your year to the next level, snag our free glow-up guide. This free guide has everything you need to implement a self-care practice that works. You’ll get daily journal worksheets, inspiring quotes, affirmations, and a bonus workout. Get the guide HERE.