The power grid is stretched thin
Stories of how extreme heat and wildfires are affecting communities are pouring out of the Western U.S. and Canada. One that caught our eye is out of Oregon, where a wildfire is threatening power grid lines in North California. This comes as the power grid is stretched thin across much of the country
- Plus, migration trends between the U.S. and Mexico are flipping.
- And, how self-driving car technology can be used for wheelchairs.
Guests: Axios' Andrew Freedman, Stef Kight and Joann Muller.
Credits: Axios Today is produced in partnership with Pushkin Industries. The team includes Niala Boodhoo, Sara Kehaulani Goo, Dan Bobkoff, Alexandra Botti, Justin Kaufmann, Nuria Marquez Martinez, Sabeena Singhani and Alex Sugiura. Music is composed by Evan Viola. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Heat wave engulfs the West as Death Valley hits 130 degrees
- Migration trends between the U.S. and Mexico have flipped upside down
- Wheelchairs get the Tesla treatment with new smart tech
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices