The Seven Summits: Climbing the Highest Mountain on Each of the Seven Continents with Rebecca Stephens MBE
The Seven Summits is the ultimate mountaineering challenge. To stand on the highest peak on each of the seven continents is a feat only a handful of people have ever achieved. Rebecca Stephens MBE is the first British woman to do so. She's also the first British woman to summit Everest, and she's going to be taking us step-by-step up every single one of those climbs. Are you ready to stand on the roof of the world? Let's go.
But this story is about more than just mountaineering. What makes Rebecca so special is that she's able to articulate the lessons she learned on each of those seven climbs, and she's going to be passing on that wisdom to us too . Since completing the Seven Summits, back in 1994, Rebecca has spoken and coached all over the world. Her 'Seven Summits of Success' have helped individuals and businesses all over the world achieve their goals. We're going to climb Everest, Denali, Aconcagua, Kilimanjaro and all the rest. But we're also going to learn what it takes to follow your dreams, and scale your own summits, whatever they may be. Rebecca's message is simple: live your life according to your passions and you can achieve anything. Even, perhaps, standing on the seven highest summits in the world.
- Climbing Mount Everest with the first British woman to summit, feeling what it's like to stand on top of the world
- Scaling Denali, the highest mountain in North America, after being trapped in a snow cave for eight days in one of the worst storms the mountain's ever seen
- Reaching the summit of Acongagua, in Argentina, whilst battling 100mph+ winds
- Standing on the top of Mount Vinson, in Antarctica, Kilimanjaro, in Africa, Cartenz Pyramid, in Indonesia, and Elbrus, in Russia
- Discovering the wisdom of the world's highest mountains - each of the Seven Summits has something unique to teach us, and Rebecca has been sharing those lessons for more than a quarter of a century
- Be inspired to scale your own summits, whatever they may be
“The joy of the mountains is they strip away any superficialities revealing that which matters: namely head, heart, and values. There’s no greater teacher of the human condition, of leadership and of working together as a team.” - Rebecca Stephens
Who's the guest?
On 17th May 1993, Rebecca Stephens became the first British woman to climb Everest and was awarded an MBE for her achievement. The following year she went on to become the first British woman to scale the Seven Summits, the highest mountain on each of the seven continents. To find copies of her two books, please visit: www.rebeccastephens.com
Today, Rebecca speaks, coaches and leads private treks around the world. If you're interested to find out more about her, or to climb with her, please visit: www.rebeccastephens.com
For background information on this episode, including Rebecca's photos from the trip, please visit: https://www.armchair-explorer.com/post/the-seven-summits-climbing-the-highest-mountains-on-earth-with-rebecca-stephens-mbe
Social media: Instagram & Twitter @aaronmwriter / Facebook: @armchairexplorerpodcast
Armchair Explorer: the world's greatest adventurers tell their best story from the road. Each episode is cut documentary style with music and cinematic effects to create an immersive storytelling experience. No long-winded interviews, just straight to the heart of the action