The Best Fashion Technology Discussion You’ve Ever Heard
Powering Fashion's Future: Technology Tools Impacting Today's Fashion Industry
A panel discussion recorded as part of the Fashion Innovate program at the TexWorld USA 2020 trade show in New York City.
Big thank you to Eileen Small from TexWorld for coordinating all of this leading up to the event.
- What is the history here? How did this work five minutes ago? What are the now ubiquitous improvements of the last five or ten years?
- Who are the cool startups in this space, and what are they doing?
- What are the major players doing in this space?
- What does the “science fiction endgame” look like for an ultimate evolution in these technologies? If we are here, and innovators and startups are working on tomorrow, what’s 5, 10, 20, or 50 years out?
- Natasha Franck (EON - https://www.eongroup.co/)
- Teodora Nicolae (Lectra - https://www.lectra.com/en )
- Melissa Rusinek (textile waste expert)
- Andrew Wyatt (CALA - https://www.ca.la/ )
- Charles Beckwith (@FashionTechGuru - https://charlesbeckwith.com/publications )
- GRAILED - https://www.grailed.com/
- STOCKX - https://stockx.com/
- Behemoth: A History of The Factory and The Making of The Modern World (Get it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/38AZ1y0 )
- Clo3D - https://www.clo3d.com/
- The Higg MSI (Materials Sustainability Index) - https://apparelcoalition.org/higg-msi/
- Sewbots - http://softwearautomation.com/products/
- Klaviyo - https://www.klaviyo.com/
Charles Beckwith's list of seven key overlapping and repeating phases of the fashion business product and sales cycles:
- Ideation and Design
- Sourcing and Costing
- Pricing and Financing
- Manufacturing and Production
- Marketing and Sales
- Distribution and Logistics
- Analytics and Analysis
(Plus HR, accounting, and normal business processes)
AMERICAN FASHION PODCAST
As always, you can find us and the archive of past episodes at https://americanfashionpodcast.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.