How New York Trains Workers For a World of A.I. – with Karen Bhatia
Karen Bhatia, Vice President of New York City’s Economic Development Corporation, joins the pod to discuss how to leverage private dollars & public curricula to train workers for the jobs of tomorrow, today.Bio:
Karen Bhatia is an innovative strategist and vision-led leader at the intersection of technology and entrepreneurship. Over 13 years of experience helping businesses start and scale. Integrate big vision with specific plans to execute. Lead strategy to identify market opportunities, develop business framework and prototype innovative products. Expertise analyzing challenges from business, legal, and policy perspectives.
Currently lead Creative & Applied Tech strategies at the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) to support emerging tech and inclusive entrepreneurship in the city. This includes developing NYC’s blockchain strategy, launching the first publicly-funded VR/AR Lab in the country, spearheading the City’s strategy for ethical development of AI & leveraging big data, and growing advanced manufacturing in fashion.
* Co-founder & President Emeritus, Stanford Startups NY
* Western Queens Tech Council, appointment
* Advisory Board, Tech Day
* Executive Committee, Springboard Enterprise Business of Blockchain
* Advisory Board, Rutgers University Big Data Program
* Advisory Board, rLab, NYC VR/AR Lab
* Advisory Board, German Tech Accelerator
* Advisory Board, NYC Media Lab
* Advisory Board, Made in NY Media Center
* Advisory Board, Jamaica FEASTS (culinary incubator)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.