Ep. 372 - Healing The Mother Wound
No matter how wonderful our mothers are, we all carry trauma from our early childhood related to them. Krista has been on a long healing journey to recover from the abandonment issues, insecurity, codependency, and narcissism that’s followed her from that relationship. And when you’re thinking about starting a family—there’s no way you want your kids treating you the way you treated your mom. Not happening. This is for all the people that felt ashamed when they didn’t have that beautiful, nurturing relationship with their mom. If you’re struggling in life to overcome the baggage created by your parents, take what you can from Krista’s own work of healing, moving on, and reforging a new relationship with her mother.
We also talk about:
- Doing the work to heal the mother wound
- The issues formed through Krista’s childhood
- The coping mechanisms for that trauma
- Letting go of your past relationship
- Releasing expectations
- Showing up in your relationship
- Leaning into the sister relationship
- Being conscious of the messages we pass to our daughters
- Looking at our damage
Find more to love at almost30.com!
- Check out the upcoming workshops in our New Paradigm digital series at almost30.com/new-paradigm
- Check out our, previous workshops, courses, and new merch collection at shopalmost30.com
- Olipop | Visit drinkolipop.com and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off the variety 12-pack
- Dropps | Save 25% off your first purchase using promo code “almost30” at dropps.com
- BetterHelp | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
- Issuu | Get 50% off a premium account by visiting issuu.com/podcast and using code ALMOST30
- Tempo | Use promo code ALMOST30 for $100 off at tempo.fit
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media