Tanner Chidester Smashes the Fitness Industry by Making His First $1 Million Before the Age of 30
Welcome to another episode of Action & Ambition with your host, Andrew Medal. Today’s guest is Tanner Chidester.
Tanner Chidester is a self-made millionaire and successful entrepreneur. He has grown and scaled two 7-figure online businesses: Elite CEOs and Fit Warrior that has generated $16 million in less than three years. He is a five-time winner of the "2 comma club" award from ClickFunnels, which signifies doing a minimum of $1 million in a sales funnel, and an 8-Figure Award recipient for one billion in the sales.
You’re going to love this episode. Let’s get to it!
How did Tanner get started with his businesses, and how did he scale them so quickly? (1:11)
- Throughout school, Tanner was bullied as a kid.
- Tanner eventually found his niché in fitness, and that started to build his confidence to start going in that direction.
- It was kind of like he worked out and got results, and suddenly people were respecting him.
- So he figured if he worked hard at school and girls and all those other things, it would all fall into place.
- Through his second year in college, Tanner wanted to play in the NFL.
- And the way Tanner is about business is once he sets his mind to something, he goes ‘[sycho’ about it, and he would work all day long for extreme hours to achieve what he wanted.
- By 20, he had his third shoulder surgery, and he realized that Football was not going to work for him, he wasn’t big enough, and his injuries made it very hard to keep pursuing that dream.
- Tanner met a man who convinced him to leave school to be an entrepreneur who was a big thing for tanner because no one in his family was one, and they did not believe in him when he left.
- The guy taught Tanner about online marketing in the first two years, and Tanner was starting to feel stressed out because he had no money and wasn’t making any money.
- However, he did learn a lot of valuable things that helped him later on in life.
- After two years of learning Online marketing, Tanner couldn’t do it anymore and decided to be a server, doing door to door sales; he hoped he could raise enough money that way to start his own business.
- What ended up happening was after learning those skills and working a year or two as a server, Tanner realized he was going in circles and not making any money.
- Tanner noticed an ad while he was out walking that said how to build your online fitness business.
- Tanner signed up for the course after scraping together the $5,000 tuition fee. At the seminar, he was more advanced than many people attending, having worked door to door, and his two years of Online Marketing learning.
- So at this seminar, tanner ended up making a lot of connections, and he started messaging and contacting people and ended up selling over $10,000, which was four times more than what he was making a month.
- Realizing all he had to do was build connections and message them offering his fitness service that Tanner could finally make money.
What are some tips that tanner can give busy professionals and founders on how to stay in shape? (15:03)
- Tanner did not understand how people can be out of shape until he started his business.
- He realized then how hard it was to fit the gym into a busy and stressful schedule because all you want to do after work is sleep.
- So during his first couple of years, Tanner was not in the most excellent shape himself.
- The first tip tanner can share is that it’s mostly about diet. Someone who’s eating right will easily beat someone going to the gym every day but eating poorly.
- Tanner says to try and follow a healthy diet and if you’re going to eat bad, try not to do it every day.
- Another tip from Tanner is to incorporate weight training into your week. You do not have to do it excessively, but three times a week should be easily sustainable.
- And the last tip from Tanner would be that when you do not have time, try and do a quick 30-minute high-intensity Aerobic exercise at home because of how fast they are with good results.
- Many entrepreneurs tend to sit at home at desks and never actually move, so Tanner encourages Cardio just to keep the heart healthy and the cholesterol levels down.
Where does Tanner want to go now, and How will he go about accomplishing those goals? (18:36)
- His short immediate goal for this year is doing about $15 million and to possibly try and push that to $20-$25 Million in consulting.
- That goal is near the ceiling of where you can go with paid ads and stuff like that.
- Currently, Tanner is working on the first SAS, which will be a trainer to trainer software.
- They will be expanding that further as they are still getting new trainers over the next 3-5 years.
- Tanner is not too sure about what his next big thing is going to be. He has thought about investing and getting into start-ups where he feels there is a lot of upsides.
- At this point, Tanner just ikes doing things that push him to be the best person that he can be; therefore, Tanner has put a lot more time in his personal life lately.
Fit Warrior has a different approach to sport, nutrition, and fitness. They believe that there is a warrior in everyone, and they strive to release that inner warrior for each of their clients. They believe in the spirit of fitness and the mental and physical discipline necessary to achieve it, and they strive to support their clients as they find their warrior.
Connect with Tanner: LinkedIn
Fit Warrior: Website
Connect with Andrew: LinkedIn