Jay Ives Teaches Business Owners How to Adapt and Evolve Their Marketing Strategies to Better Serve Their Consumers and The Communities of the World
Welcome to another episode of Action & Ambition with your host, Andrew Medal. Today’s guest is Jay Ives.
Jay Ives is the founder of Jives Media. Jay lives at the crossroads of storytelling, design, data, and tech. As a lifecycle marketer, his goal is to strengthen the relationship between businesses and customers by turning engagement opportunities into meaningful, profitable moments. From Fortune 500 organizations to high-growth startups, Jay has led marketing teams to increase awareness, activation, and retention by better understanding their customer.
You’re going to love this episode. Let’s get to it!
What advice has Jay been teaching during the pandemic? (1:16)
- Jay says the stats are as follows; there are about 30 million small businesses that employ nearly 60 million workers in the U.S.
- One in 5 small businesses has shut down since January.
- Jay wants to do as much as he can to help these local businesses.
- The truth of the matter is that they’re not getting the proper funding from the government right now.
- Many businesses are figuring out how to pivot and position themselves in this new socially distanced world.
- For Jay, it has been exciting being in the trenches with them to figure out a game plan.
- Jay helps them figure out how to grow their digital presence during this global pandemic.
- Jay’s teamwork on the digital marketing side of things for people. They educate them on how to observe data to figure out which channels are and aren’t working.
- They are working to increase brand awareness at a holistic level.
What trends does Jay see coming in the future? (8:54)
- Jay believes that people are going to continue to rely on digital media more now than ever before.
- People are spending a lot of time at home; screen time is increasing.
- This might not necessarily be the best thing for our mental health.
- For marketers, that is an excellent thing for them to take note of.
- Behaviors are also changing, with a lot of his clients historically, some of them did well on weekdays, Monday to Friday.
- With people spending more time at home, they are sometimes working more or better on the weekends and vice versa.
- Consumer behavior trends and employee set work times are changing and adapting.
- Jay believes it will only continue to evolve over the next few months and years.
What is the legacy that jay wants to leave behind? (14:36)
- Jay wants to show people that there is a lot of good that can come out of helping these small businesses.
- Small businesses fail; people fail.
- Going back to that 30 million small business out there, they have a ton of impact and influence on the market, public health, and communities.
- We need to get out there and help support them in any way you can.
- If you are a small business owner, this is the time to adapt and evolve and do this quickly.
- Thinking back to the great recession of ‘08-’09, many of the world’s most significant companies were birthed during that time.
- Looking back, Jay believes there will be a ton of great ideas and companies that are generated through the COVID-19 period.
- Business owners must just move quickly and aggressively.
- They must keep finding new ways to market, new ways to engage clients, and win customers.
Jives Media is a full-stack digital marketing agency that helps businesses large and small with web design, hosting, search engine marketing (PPC & SEO), and social media solutions.
Connect with Jay: LinkedIn
Jives Media: Website
Connect with Andrew: LinkedIn