S09 E10: This Present Paradise Part 3: Redeeming and Declaring
In this episode, we dive into part three of our six-part Lenten series on the book “This Present Paradise” by Claire Dwyer. We chat about the importance of silence in a noisy, distracting world and how God is always present to us. We discuss the truth that God knows us by name, that we are always before him, and that He desires to restore what the enemy has stolen. We also talk about St. Elizabeth’s motto of ‘God in me and I in him’ and reflect on our own life mottos. We pray you may live a presence driven life this Lent and we will continue our journey with St. Elizabeth next week!
Heather’s one thing - Soaking in His Presence (Instrumental Worship) - William Augusto
Michelle’s one thing - Anna from CORDA candles
Other links mentioned in the episode:
You can also find more St. Elizabeth of the Trinity resources including a Carmelite Examen and a book list on our website at www.abidingtogetherpodcast.com/this-present-paradise.
- What struck you from this week’s episode?
- What practical ways can we practice silence in a noisy world full of distractions? How can we begin to cultivate silence and recollection in our lives this Lent?
- Looking at your life and losses, where have you seen God be a redeemer, restorer and rescuer? Thinking of the last year, what is a situation or loss that you would like to pray for God’s redemption?
- What is the motto of your life?
- Take some time to think about your life motto. Sister Miriam describes this as “an expressed summary of intimacy with God or how he sees us and how we see him.” How can you remind yourself of this each day?
- Reflect on the past year and some of the big and small losses you have experienced. Pray with Psalm 18:19 and have a conversation with God about your desires for redemption and restoration.
- What is one area of woundedness you would like to invite Christ to come close to and kiss? Take a moment of prayer to allow Christ to do this.
Quote to Ponder: “God in me, I in him.” - St. Elizabeth of the Trinity
Scripture for Lectio Divina: “You have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name” - Exodus 33:17
Abiding Together Podcast 2021 Lenten Book Study Announcement: The Abiding Together Podcast is reading and discussing This Present Paradise by Claire Dwyer for Lent. You can find the reading plan, discussion questions, additional resources and where to buy your book at www.abidingtogetherpodcast.com/this-present-paradise.
Join us for the 2021 National Catholic Women’s Conference on March 12-14, 2021. We will have a live session with the ladies of the Abiding Together Podcast on Saturday March 13 at 6:00 pm Eastern. You can register for free online here.