48 - Becky Dickson: Giving Yourself Permission to Make More Than Enough, Doing What You Love
How many times have you heard from highly successful people, entrepreneurs, and professionals, and they follow an early morning routine or ritual, which really gets their day going strong?!
Well, Becky Dickson is all different. Her work day starts at 11 am in the morning.
They talk about all the discipline and the grind they go through.
But Becky says, “very rarely do I ever even approach discipline at all.”
Yet, Becky runs a 7 figure business and her Facebook community has over 18,000 members.
Almost 10 years ago, Becky quit her job as a reporter and editor in a local daily, because of her minor mental disorder/ phobia. At one point, she was even afraid to leave her house.
So, how did she turn out to become a very influential person? Especially with women today?
Because of her indifferent attitude!
Listen up, as Becky joins the, A Desire to Inspire with Manny Patrick Show, and talks about her journey.
In this Episode you will learn:
About Becky's journey, the evolution of things: Where it all started, how it all came together and ultimately what got her to where she is today.
How she started as a reporter and an editor for a small daily but, had to quit because of her panic disorder.
How she started her blog, which became very popular and how she turned that into a profitable business.
The couple of books she read that changed her life.
How successful people in their minds keep moving forward in making the right decisions no matter how they feel.
How does one look at; the grind, hustle and disciplines, that are needed to become successful.
In a world where there’s influence from so many different figures, how do you own your identity in the process.
How much time does one take to figure out who you are and continue to try on different voices and personalities.
How can men and women build more self confidence and worthiness in themselves.
What are the 3 non-negotiable exercises recommended for somebody to move from a scarcity mindset to an abundant mindset.
What can we do with all the gifts and talents that we have, and, monetize them.
Is “fake it until you make it” a good strategy or a bad strategy?
One message of inspiration to the listeners.
Interesting Quotes by Becky during the interview:
- Fear is a basic emotion, but it didn’t have to run our lives.
- If I was afraid I was scaring based on what I was telling myself.
- I started to discover my world, it's discovered in my head. We get what we expect.
- If you don’t feel very good about yourself, you’re just not inspired to take action.
- When you feel good, you get motivated really fast.
- It's just what you tell your head, what you want to be thinking everyday, because that’s going to determine how you feel on what you do for yourself.
- Women grow up with this feeling of; it's not my place to be in the spotlight.
- Most successful people in the world change what pleasure means to them. Motivation is self created. Thoughts create feelings and actions.
- Forcing yourself to do something will get you somewhere, but it won’t get you where you’re supposed to be.
- I don’t need to work harder; I need to feel good about what I’m doing.
- I do it because I love it, that’s NOT work. It’s not even hard.
- You can love people from a distance too.
- Who is a joy to be around; you’ll want those people in your life all the time.
- Every single day, write down 20 things that you’re grateful for.
- Some only want how they need to complain, stay far far away from them.
- When you acknowledge what’s good instead of harboring on what’s bad, or sad or negative; you change how you feel.
- If you want the results, it starts in your head.
- Foundation is not what you’re doing; it’s what you’re thinking.
- We’re all laughing around waiting for somebody else to tell us- we’re OK; we don’t realize we can do that for ourselves any time.
- If you want something, you’re given that idea because you have those skills of accomplishment.