6 CONDITIONS #011: LEADERSHIP AND AUTHORITY STRUCTURES IN TEAMS
6 CONDITIONS #011: LEADERSHIP & AUTHORITY STRUCTURES IN TEAMS: WHERE DOES GREAT TEAM LEADERSHIP COME FROM?
Key Questions: Where does great team leadership come from? What kinds of things should team leaders do and what things are better for the team to do?
In this episode Ruth & Krister explore: Where does great team leadership come from?
1. Leadership as a "function" of a team
2. Team leaders as coaches
3. Four Critical Leadership Functions in Teams: 1) Executing the team task; 2) Monitoring and managing work processes; 3) Designing the team and member roles; 4) Setting overall direction
4. Authority Matrix - 4 Authority Structures: 1) Manager-Led; 2) Self-Managing; 3) Self-Designing; 4) Self-Governing
5. Distributing authority in teams
6. Surfacing authority dynamics in teams
7. When leadership most matters in teams: putting in place the 6 Conditions
8. Team leadership norms
9. Supplemental measures around leadership and authority structures in Team Diagnostic Survey reports
10. Supporting and developing team leaders
For show notes and more information go to: https://6teamconditions.com/6tc-newpodcasts/