About This Show
I have been working in the field of education for over a decade. I run Keystone Tutors, and a summer nature + creativity camp called The Imaginarium. In this History of Education podcast series, I interview great teachers from the UK independent preparatory sector about their teaching lives and what recommendations they have for teachers today.
Most Recent Episode
Episode #6. Nigel Talbot Rice, Head Master of Summer Fields
5 days ago
In Episode 6 of my Education podcast, I interview the famous Summer Fields Headmaster Nigel Talbot Rice.
Nigel joined prep school teaching upon leaving Oxford. He started his career at Papplewick after which he taught at Summer Fields for the rest of his career. He served as the school's Head Master for 22 years (1975-1997) and is undoubtedly one of the school's most significant heads in its history.
In this interview, we talk about:
* His story into teaching - his move from Papplewick into Summer Fields.
* Differences between Summer Fields then and now.
* His plans to buy a school in the 1960s - with Summer Fields legend Nick Alridge.
* His developing educational philosophy - such aspects as behaviour, academics, religious instruction and financial prudence.
* His thoughts on boarding prep schools now and in the future.
Episodes of This Show
Dec 13 2017
Nov 22 2017
Aug 1 2017
Jun 16 2017