What's the F***ing Point?
About This Show
If we're being honest with ourselves, don't we all just really want to know what the fucking point is of any of this? Hosted by paradoxically nihilistic + eternally optimistic psychotherapist and yoga teacher Valerie Martin, this podcast features conversations with a wide variety of guests who offer thought provoking perspectives on the ultimate question of humanity.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Emmy Singer on the Union of Opposites
Y’all are about to be shook when you hear that my guest for this episode is, wait for it… a YOGA TEACHER. Why yes, I *am* hilarious since 4 of my first 6 guests have been yoga teachers — but, hallooo, so much more than only that, and each one a gem in her own right.
This week’s guest is Emmy Singer, founder of Inner Light Yoga studio and one of my biggest inspirations and teachers in the yoga world. Like a few of my other guests so far, Emmy is a fellow Nashvillian —and unbeknownst (isn't that a fucking great word? hah) to me until we recorded, originally hails from upstate New York very near last week’s guest, Sarah Jane Chapman (www.wonderwelltherapy.com/blog/wtfp-07). Hello, small world!
In this episode, Emmy and I talk about:
* the winding path that landed her in Nashville, where she and her husband Lee opened up the city’s first music-based yoga studio, Inner Light Yoga (where I am so fortunate to get to be a part of the team)
* the importance of healers and teachers of all kinds being REAL as opposed to trying to seem like you have all the answers
* our shared curiosity about astrology, tarot, past life regression, and dreams, with some tips for beginning your own dream analysis
* how she views union of opposites as a framework for living — stillness and movement, connection and solitude, hustle and heart
* simple practices for opening up a little more to kindness, compassion, and non-judgment
* our musings on the law of attraction, the pieces that make most sense to us, and where we see its limitations
For full show notes, head over to www.wonderwelltherapy.com/blog/wtfp-08 .
And if you dig this episode, it would mean so much if you'd share it with a friend or on your socials, and rating/review on iTunes (www.bit.ly/WTFP-review) helps more people find it!Read more »