Unstoppable Recording Machine Podcast
About This Show
Join acclaimed producers Joey Sturgis (Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men), Eyal Levi (Chelsea Grin, Monuments) and Joel Wanasek (Machine Head, Vinyl Theater) as they sit down each week with the best producers in the business to talk shop. You’ll get information, inspiration and most of all actionable insights from every episode.
Most Recent Episode
EP171 | How 3 URM Moderators Networked Their Way Into Killer Internships
6 days ago
On this episode we talk to John Maciel, Miami Dolphin, and Tyler Rodriguez about how they’ve gotten awesome internships, the skills you need and how to adapt to opportunities like these, and how to not screw it up.
Internships can seriously supercharge career progress for individuals that are able to capitalize on them. Knowing how to walk into an established studio and really prove your worth can be a scary prospect though. Tyler, Miami, and John really get into detail in this discussion about what you need to be prepared for and what skills you need to have in order to be successful.
“If you want to go big, you’ve got to put yourself around people that are already doing it.” - Eyal Levi
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Internship life hacks
- What DAW knowledge you should have if you want to intern for a studio
- How each guest got their internship
- Adapting to the situation you’re given, rather than trying to change reality
- Recognizing opportunities that you didn’t specifically envision
- Why you need to have a thick skin, be able to take criticism, and use it productively
- Not being “Option C” guy
- Knowing when to be proactive and when to make yourself scarce
- And much, much more
Thanks for listening! Leave us a comment or review!