Two Wise Jawns
About This Show
A podcast about two jawns trying.. well we trying dammit.
We're friends from college discussing global sociopolitical affairs and our #ProblematicFavs. Hot taking, contemplating, but mostly laughing the world around us.
Morg STANS for Solange. Shan STANS for nail art.
Both regard Kanye as a personal bestie and in the HIGHEST ESTEEM. #YeWhisper
We're available on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Google Play, Stitcher, and Pocket Casts - search "Two Wise Jawns" ... subscribe!
Morg's Twitter: @MorgBGreat
Shan's Twitter: @DoneBunNews
Facebook Page: Two Wise Jawns Podcast
#TwoWiseJawns.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Episode 49 | Masculinity Identity Crisis
"She founded the movement."
Alana that is.
She coined the portmanteau "incel" via her blog "Alana’s Involuntary Celibacy Project."
The blog was centered around her struggles in her romantic life simply being found desirable.
To her chagrin, the state of "involuntary celibacy" resonated with male internet dwellers more than her female peers and so sis was co-opted by the angry and the sexless.
This episode we attempt to unpack the trend of discontent and disarray experienced by the mens dem.
There's a substantial undercurrent building tied to, in our opinion, a masculinity identity crisis, specifically among the straight white males, but in general among all boys and men.
What could be the reasons?
Do boys and men no longer have outlets to explore their masculinity or what that means to them? Was that war? Is it sports? Was it their families depending on them for protection/providership? Are young boys no longer active and disciplined or have the outlets to hone those skills?
Is it technological advancements leading to a contingent of men who have never communicated with peers outside of the comfort of keystrokes from their custom-built gaming computer?
Is it feminism? Specifically feminism ignoring the romantic implications of its tenets? For example many women tending to desire men who are “on her level or higher”? Or many women preferring a tinge of “ruggedness” in men they date? Or many women not truly desiring a man who is 100% candid with his raw emotions?
We are certain of this: We know we don't want wayward boys and men finding "God" in the likes of Jordan Peterson, PUA, The Red Pill, 4Chan, The Manosphere, Roosh, Neo Nazis, Order of Odin, inner-city gangs, nor Serena Joy.
Today we extend an olive branch and take a stab at empathy before the humans implode.
It's going to be a bumpy episode!
- So, so much out of Calabasas -- Kanye's "Ye" album, Kim Kardashian becoming Ava DuVernay to the people (Trump pardoning Alice Johnson), Pusha T vs Drake rap beef, Drake's HIDING A CHILD, blackface, Donda's House and Rhymefest cutting ties with the Kardashian-West's, Wyoming, Kanye paying $85 K for Whitney Houston's worst moment -- just mess in Calabasas.
- Who gets to say the "n word, soft a" sponsored by Kendrick Lamar.
- Betsy Devos doesn't have the answers regarding the TEACH grant program's grants turning into loans over night. Scams!
- Federal Judge in New York declares Trump's practice of blocking critics on Twitter unconstitutional. Trump appeals. 2018.
- Apparently SZA can't sing! For real this time! Sad!™
- Philadelphia 76ers President and GM Bryan Colangelo creates burner accounts to motivate his players. :) #Sixers #TrustTheProcess
- NBA Finals are happening and it's sassy. LeBron loves a dramatic exit in Thom Browne. Oop!
- Starbucks had a successful day of sensitivity training -- in a single day the Governor of Missouri Eric Greitens, Roseanne, and Bill Maher were "cancelled" either proverbially or literally. You're doing amazing sweetie Howard Schultz!
Recorded Sunday, June 3, 2018.Read more »