Two Wise Jawns
About This Show
A podcast about two jawns trying.. well we trying dammit.
We're friends from college discussing global sociopolitical affairs and our #ProblematicFavs. Hot taking, contemplatomg, but mostly laughing the world around us.
Morg STANS for Solange. Shan STANS for nail art.
Both regard Kanye as a personal bestie and in the HIGHEST ESTEEM. #YeWhisper
We're available on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Google Play, Stitcher, and Pocket Casts - search "Two Wise Jawns" ... subscribe!
Morg's Twitter: @MorgBGreat
Shan's Twitter: @DoneBunNews
Facebook Page: Two Wise Jawns Podcast
Most Recent Episode
Episode 43 | "I get it, but hmm, not for me."
The heteros don't have the range and never have!
But today we focus on the African American mens and womens; and their dating woes specifically.
We particularly examine the subset of African American men who seem to prefer everything but black women, but especially white women.
This episode was inspired by the ruminations of James Earl Jones circa 1960s and Harry Belafonte via Eartha Kitt circa 1950s and; though we didn't cover it in this episode, our good man Quincy Jones referred to his preference of white women as "... yeah, it was freedom man!" in an interview with GQ published January 29th.
It seems the black men ain't down with the Sojourner Truisms black women bear? They get why it is, but don't want it for themselves. Or they're dating white to "stick it to the man." Or they're dating white to access dem resources. Either way we two wise jawns #YeWhisper their perspective... begrudgingly.
Is this a thing? Agree? Disagree?
Email / Tweet us your thoughts yo!
- Aziz Ansari and sexual boundaries in the world of modern dating.
- Google tests England's "right to be forgotten" in the digital age.
- RIP Erica Garner
- Mo'Nique and Netflix and a discussion on adequate compensation.
- Ciara virtue signaling to her fans because that's what someone who walks in the spirt of a wife does. Obviously.
- Trump cheats with pornstars... honestly the most presidential thing he's done -- very par the course.
- Trump calls brown nations "shit holes" and we say he should learn a thing or two about diplomacy from the one and only Cher Horowitz -- “In conclusion, may I please remind you that it does not say 'RSVP' on the Statue of Liberty."
- Chicago West has arrived.
Recorded Sunday January 21, 2018.
Episodes of This Show
Dec 28 2017
Dec 5 2017
Nov 19 2017
Oct 24 2017