About This Show
Creativity Wasted is a podcast where a group of creative people get together, and we each share an idea that we're not planning on pursuing in real life, such as an invention idea that's outside our area of expertise, a futuristic sci-fi movie idea, or an evil prank idea. And rather than just letting the idea quietly slip away, we get some fun out of it by joking about it together.
Most Recent Episode
WhatI ShouldSay, LicensePlateHate, LivestreamDroneSightseeing, DroneChargingNetwork, FoodCircus
7 days ago
* An app could listen to people talking to you and come up with responses for you to say, so you don't have to pay attention if you're bored. Although, if people like talking to your app more than talking to you, it might crush your self-esteem
* An anonymous messaging app could allow disgruntled drivers to send angry text messages to other drivers using their license plate. This would instantly cause a huge spike of deaths from these disgruntled drivers crashing while trying to send their angry texts. But these aren't the best people anyway
* An hourly drone rental service for sightseeing at the Grand Canyon (or some other vacation destination). You'd control the drone and watch the live-stream of the drone while at home using your computer, tablet, or VR headset. Afterwards, it would send you 4k video recorded by the drone.
* A kit could allow toy drone enthusiasts to convert an attic vent to a "drone doggy-door", and put a grid of wireless drone charging stations in their attic. They could then use an app to advertise their house as a "drone charging station", to create a nationwide "drone charging network", thus allowing people to gradually fly toy drones (which are connected to the cell phone network) across the country
* There should be traveling "food circuses" where each food circus is for a specific genre of food (Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Greek, etc.), and cooks and market vendors from that country serve/sell food of every class of that food genre (markets, street food, normal everyday restaurants, fancy 4-star restaurants). It would have scheduled activities, like speeches from famous chefs or cooking lessons. It would be designed to allow walking around, but also specifically designed to enable quick entry and exit so that people can go during their lunch hour at work (i.e. you wouldn't have to walk a half hour to get to your car)
What I Should Say (Conversation Assistant App) (@kitiara666 Melanie Gresham 00:45)
License Plate Hate (Social Networking App) (@adamwest_ 13:41)
Live Streaming Drone Sightseeing Tours (@thomaswalma 25:09)
Nationwide Drone Charging Network (and Drone Charging Station Setup Kit) (@thomaswalma 31:26)
Food Circus (@thomaswalma 34:35)
Recorded at PodcastDetroit.com