The Christian Leaders Coaching Podcast
About This Show
I help leaders and organizations live better and lead better. From personal performance coaching to organizational training, I partner with you to envision outcomes, identify realities, brainstorm options and move toward success. My core belief is that God directs and guides people as they engage in the adventure of asking key questions and staying open to His possibilities.
Most Recent Episode
093: My Top 3 Productivity Apps
< 1 day ago
Technology is great, especially when we use it to organize our lives and make our days more productive. On today’s episode, I talk about the top 3 productivity apps that I use and give examples of how I use them throughout the day. Kelly asked what top 3 productivity apps do I use.
These are what works for me.
I use one or all of them multiple times per day.
Here how I use them from the beginning of the day till the end.
* Notes app on iPhone with voice dictation. While I’m driving to work, I record any thoughts or to do’s that come to mind.
* Wunderlist. (link below) A massive to-do list app. It has multiple to-do lists, under which you can create subtasks and dates and reminders, organize the most important thing, share to do list. So I get to work and transfer my crazy thoughts from my notes app into a folder that is my main INBOX folder. Everything starts there.
* Calendar app. I cross reference the organization of my tasks with my calendar and follow it throughout the day.
Then I have 4 other folders. This is how I prioritize what should come first for today and it helps for what I can put off until tomorrow.
Here’s the question:
What is the outcome if I don’t do this today?
So my filter isn’t what I should get done, but what is the negative outcome if I don’t get it done.
Then I organize them into four folders:
* ‘A’ EVENTS (Must do – serious consequences for non-completion – meeting with boss, visiting client)
* ‘B’ EVENTS (Should do – mild consequences for non-completion – check email, call someone, return phone call)
* ‘C’ EVENTS (Nice to do – no consequences for non-completion – call home, read an article)
* ‘D’ EVENTS (Delegate – everything possible )
* Then within each of these folders, I organize what I should do first.
To see how I use these folders, download the free Productivity 101 below.
NOW I HAVE A PLAN FOR THE DAY!!
* Audible.com – 180K audio book, right at your fingers
* Wunderlist – a huge, free to-do app.