The Christian Leaders Coaching Podcast
About This Show
I help leaders and organizations live better and lead better. From personal performance coaching to organizational training, I partner with you to envision outcomes, identify realities, brainstorm options and move toward success. My core belief is that God directs and guides people as they engage in the adventure of asking key questions and staying open to His possibilities.
Most Recent Episode
097: How To Lead Differently Part 2
Have you ever found that you need a new leadership skill that will help equip your team? Today is part two of a conversation where I answer Jessica’s question about how to lead differently through coaching.
Coaching is a facilitated monologue through which a person understands the next best step forward.
Unlike consulting, coaching helps your staff discover what is holding them back and what possibilities are. The answers don’t come from you, the coach, but from the Holy Spirit working within them.
Two “tools” I use:
* I – what is the issue?
* G – what is the goal of our conversation and the goal for a solution?
* R – what is the reality of the situation?
* O – what are the options that you (the staff person) have considered?
* W – what will it take to take the next step?
7 Key Questions: (from The Coaching Habit)
* What’s on your mind?
* And what else?
* What’s the real challenge here for you?
* What do you want?
* How can I help?
* If yes to this, what do you have to say ‘no’ to?
* What was useful in our conversation?
If you’d like to talk more with me about how to coach your staff, you can contact me via email here or go click the ‘coaching’ tab on the website.
* Audible.com – 180K audio book, right at your fingers