The WordPress Chick Podcast
About This Show
Kim Doyal, “The WordPress Chick” shares her journey in the world of blogging, life and entrepreneurship on the internet. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride while Kim discusses her insights on crafting the business and life you want using her platform of choice, WordPress. Whether you’re new to WordPress or consider yourself a more advanced user, these blog building and online tips will make you more successful with your business. Kim is widely known for being “authentic” and connecting with her audience in a fun and informative way that will keep you coming back for each new episode. Kim is totally self-taught when it comes to WordPress and has been making her living online for the past 5 years. She is a published author, movie producer, artist, and has the best cartoon voice you’ll ever hear on a podcast! Her motto is.
Most Recent Episode
Organic Facebook Marketing with Ben Perry WPCP: 161
< 1 day ago
As someone who has done more organic marketing than paid traffic, when I first came across Ben Perry and his Organic Facebook Marketing I was immediately intrigued. I think the ideal situation is organic with a paid strategy, but when you're first getting started (or rebooting things), then having an organic strategy in place is a must.
The beauty of a good organic strategy is also that you're getting data without having to pay (at least monetarily, you're going to have to pay with your time, because just like anything else, growing a business organically takes work and time).
I connected with Ben through is Facebook Group, Organic Marketing Secrets.
What I loved instantly about Ben was his willingness to show up, every day, and do the work.
Questions I Asked Ben
* Tell us about your background (what were you doing before starting your online business)
* When you joined the military was your intention to have a long-term career?
* Have you found that when you share your story it connects you more with people?
* Where did you start with internet marketing?
* What made you decide to go into organic Facebook marketing?
* Let's talk about Facebook Live. What are your insights around this medium?
* Why do you think people hesitate to show up?
What You're Going to Learn
* How his daughter's cancer diagnosis drove him to re-enlist in the military
* How Ben went from being discharged from the military to a thriving online business
* The initial product (person) that inspired Ben at 16 to get into marketing (and is where he picked up after he left the military)
* How jumping full force into Facebook in 2013 forced Ben to cash out his military retirement so he could work with a mentor
* How Ben used the GI bill to pay for school and support him while he was completing school and immersing himself in marketing and sales
Where to Connect with Ben
Website | Facebook Group
Episodes of This Show
7 days ago
Rated 5 out of
The Queen of Content
Kim Doyal is an amazing ambassador for both WordPress and content creation! She is a charismatic thought leader who makes navigating the world of content a BLAST! Her show is my daily motivation to get out there and be awesome!
Date published: 2017-08-11
Rated 5 out of
I'm somewhere between a complete newbie and a master web designer (much, much closer to the newbie end of that scale) and as I build my Wordpress site, I love having Kim's tips and tricks coming through my headphones!
Date published: 2015-09-23