The Unknown Strength Podcast
About This Show
Co-hosted by BJJ Blackbelt Brenton McKiterick as well as The Unknown's founder/head coach Macgregor McNair, this podcast is designed to interview coaches, fighters and strength coaches who have built, innovated and accomplished incredible things in the combat sports and strength coaching fields. Our true passion is to share high-quality information, and interesting insights from men and women at the top of their game.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
#20 Tony Ricci (PART 1) - The Unknown Strength Podcast
Here it is, ladies and gentlemen! Episode #20 of The Unknown Strength Podcast featuring Professor Tony Ricci! We have completed the four horsemen of the Fight Science Institute by interviewing the last of the four founders in Tony Ricci.
We have been talking about this one for a few months now, and now here you have it! In part 1 of this interview Mac and Tony discuss a range of topics relating to the Fight Science Institute, UFC Performance Institute, Tony's academic background and achievements, and many other fascinating snippets from Tony's vast experience and knowledge in the strength & conditioning/performance coaching fields.
Some of Tony's credentials/achievements are:
* Assistant Professor of Sports Science and Nutritional Biochemistry at Long Island university
* Doctoral research in Nutrition and Neuroenergetics
* Current doctoral research in Sports Psychology and Neurocognition
* Masters degrees in both Sports Science and Nutrition
* He has been working with fighters since the early days of the UFC, in the Ken Shamrock/Guy Mezger Lion’s Den days (mid ‘90s), and has worked with a laundry list of fighters over the last 25 years
* Co-host of the brilliant podcast https://mmaandbeyond.com/
Be on the lookout for PART 2 of the interview coming soon!
Massive thanks, as always to the show's sponsors:
-> https://mmaandbeyond.com/Read more »