The Recovery Show » Finding serenity through 12 step recovery in Al-Anon – a podcast
About This Show
12-step recovery for those of us who love alcoholics or addicts. We share our experience, strength, and hope as we use the principles of the Al-Anon program in our lives. We talk openly and honestly about the problems and challenges as we face alcoholism and addiction in our friends and relatives. We share the tools and solutions we have found that let us live a life that is serene, happy, and free, even when the alcoholic or addict is still drinking or using.
Most Recent Episode
Gratitude – Episode 224 - The Recovery Show » Finding serenity through 12 step recovery in Al-Anon – a podcast
6 days ago
As we approach the US holiday of Thanksgiving, I naturally think about the things I am grateful for. What are you grateful for?
Here are some things I am grateful for
* That I have a program of recovery.
* Our dog is a sweetheart, so loving.
* That my adult children choose to spend time with me and share their life with me.
* Although it snowed Thursday evening, on Friday morning it was sunny and pretty.
* That, as a sponsee reminded me, I have a roof over my head, a furnace that works, and a warm blanket.
* That you share your experience, strength, and hope with me and with the other listeners of this podcast. You make the podcast better and stronger by your presence.
What are you grateful for? Call or email with one thing you are grateful for this year, this month, or just today. Or, if you wish, share a gratitude list with us. I will compile your responses into an episode to be published on the US Thanksgiving weekend (last weekend in November). Please send your contribution by November 25, 2017.
Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
I read a bit from this Vox article about the Netflix show Jessica Jones, and its depiction of drug use and addiction.
Rated 5 out of
Recharging Your Recovery
I love the shows stimulating topics with all the calming effects of saying The Serenity Prayer over and over. I'm so glad my friend told me about STITCHER.
Date published: 2013-12-09