The Recovery Show » Finding serenity through 12 step recovery in Al-Anon – a podcast
About This Show
12-step recovery for those of us who love alcoholics or addicts. We share our experience, strength, and hope as we use the principles of the Al-Anon program in our lives. We talk openly and honestly about the problems and challenges as we face alcoholism and addiction in our friends and relatives. We share the tools and solutions we have found that let us live a life that is serene, happy, and free, even when the alcoholic or addict is still drinking or using.
Most Recent Episode
Trust and Trustworthy – Episode 228 - The Recovery Show » Finding serenity through 12 step recovery in Al-Anon – a podcast
5 days ago
Do you have trouble trusting other people? Do you have people you trust? How do you know they are trustworthy?
* What is trust?
* firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. (Dictionary.com)
* Do you have or have had trouble trusting other people?
* Do you have people you trust? How do you know they are trustworthy?
* Do you have a Higher Power you can trust?
* What is the difference between trust and faith or is there a difference?
* If we developed an ability to trust, how have we done that? with meetings? the program/steps? the tools? slogans? (I find that each of these has a role in developing trust).
* Can you trust yourself?
* Can others trust you?
* When I don’t trust someone what am I feeling?
* Fear of being judged – ties in with perfectionism, low self esteem, unloveable
* Fear of being hurt – emotionally, physically, intentionally and unintentionally.
* Trust to me is having the confidence that another person is not going to harm me intentionally.
* Sometimes the lack of trust is an issue on my side of the street
* Sometimes the other person has not shown themselves to be trustworthy
* Often I would assume that I couldn’t trust someone to be thoughtful of me because of my past experiences or my way of thinking.
* Slogans / Tools for building trust:
* One Step/Day at a Time (Tincture of Time)
* Act as If in less important situations
* Keep an Open Mind (helps with jumping to conclusions, esp. About negative intent)
* Let it begin with me
* Building others’ trust in me
* Traditions – learning to co-exist with others
* Concepts – learning to work in an organization
Upcoming topics include parenting, being the sober parent, and being the parent of an addict or alcoholic. Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email email@example.com with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Trust in Me – Stewart Holloway from the Jungle Book movie
Rated 5 out of
Recharging Your Recovery
I love the shows stimulating topics with all the calming effects of saying The Serenity Prayer over and over. I'm so glad my friend told me about STITCHER.
Date published: 2013-12-09