THE MONTAGE Podcast: talking about tomorrow's tech today
About This Show
THE MONTAGE is the companion podcast to the online magazine http://MONTAG.WTF – about how future tech will change the way we live, and where technology means ideas, not shiny new objects.
MONTAG and THE MONTAGE is brought to you by Grover, the fresh alternative to owning things - where you can rent the latest tech products at a fraction of the cost of owning them: http://getgrover.com
Music on the MONTAGE is from Jukedeck - create your own at http://jukedeck.com.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 6: Eating Panda meat and getting filthy rich off your own data
SIX APPEAL - In Episode 6:
• Cruelty-free beef: You can now go to restaurants and buy a burger that costs $13 and is made of real beef that has not come from a cow. Will eating meat that has never been alive become normal? And how does this affect vegans?
• How much is your personal data worth?: Companies are buying up swathes of data that we have produced - often without us realising. So are we missing out on a payday **bonanza**? Kathryn finds out.
• Kathryn's Katchiest Kwiz Yet: Kathryn poses Thom and Joe questions about "Forbidden Foods" - can Joe possibly catch Thom, who is leading 4-1? (No.)
MONTAG.WTF and the MONTAGE is brought to you by Grover - the fresh alternative to owning things. Check out www.getgrover.com and rent amazing things like the Nintendo Switch, Apple Watch and Oculus Rift for a fraction of the cost of buying them. EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT: visit www.getgrover.com, select your tech and use the code MONTAG10 for a 10% discount!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST:
All this stuff was initially discussed in MONTAG.WTF's "Better Bodies" magazine - get your really really really beautiful print edition here: http://www.montag.wtf/print-editions/
• The bleeding edge: lab-grown burgers will change how you eat forever -(http://www.montag.wtf/lab-grown-burgers/)
• Sell Yourself! Part one - your data -(http://www.montag.wtf/sell-yourself-your-data/)
• Check out Impossible Foods (https://www.impossiblefoods.com/)
and Memphis Meat (http://www.memphismeats.com)'s cruelty-free meat.
• "Hufu, a now fictional product(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hufu), was briefly marketed as tofu designed to resemble human flesh in taste and texture."
Episodes of This Show
Nov 30 2017
Oct 30 2017
Aug 25 2017
Aug 1 2017