MyLife: Chassidus Applied
About This Show
MyLife: Chassidus Applied Podcast by Simon Jacobson addresses the personal and emotional needs of our community by answering the most pressing questions of our lives -- from the perspective of Chassidic thought. The podcast demonstrates how the Torah provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. Get unlimited free downloads of MP3 recordings of all classes in this series with a free membership at www.meaningfullife.com/join.
Most Recent Episode
Ep. 206: Why Are We Holding on to New Chumros Which Don’t Seem to Be Part of the Original Torah?
3 days ago
• Chassidus Applied to Shabbos HaGadol and Parshas Tzav 10:48
• Lessons from Beis Nissan 3:23
• Final stages of evaluating this year’s MyLife: Chassidus Applied essays 18:03
• Why are we holding on to new chumros which don’t seem to be part of the original Torah? 37:56
• U’ldovka bo: to what extent does cleaving to the Rebbe attach one to G-d? 20:56
• What special powers does the Rebbe have? 32:09
o Absentee parent (episode 205) 55:28
o Bariatric surgery (episode 205) 58:46
o Are Lubavitchers who live in Crown Heights second class citizens (episode 204) 1:03:40
• Chassidus Question: How do we apply the Chassidic example of a king in our modern age when we no longer have monarchs? 01:09:26