MyLife: Chassidus Applied
About This Show
MyLife: Chassidus Applied Podcast by Simon Jacobson addresses the personal and emotional needs of our community by answering the most pressing questions of our lives -- from the perspective of Chassidic thought. The podcast demonstrates how the Torah provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. Get unlimited free downloads of MP3 recordings of all classes in this series with a free membership at www.meaningfullife.com/join.
Most Recent Episode
Ep. 211: Are the Latest Peace Talks Between North and South Korea a Sign of Moshiach?
Addressing the Personal and Emotional Needs of Our Community and Answering the Most Pressing Questions of Our Lives -- from the Perspective of Chassidic Thought.
• Chassidus Applied to Pesach Sheni 0:50
• Lessons from Emor and Lag Baomer 8:43
• Are the latest peace talks between North and South Korea another sign of Moshiach? 18:24
• What is the difference between asking Hashem to bring Moshiach and to bring the Geulah? 23:23
• Why do our actions make a difference when Hashem will be the One that takes us out of golus? 29:40
• Does G-d accept us for who we are, or does He want us to become someone else? 37:49
• What is the Rebbe’s opinion on sonograms? 45:32
• Was the Holocaust a punishment? 46:32
o Blessings on trees (episode 209-210) 55:06
o Non-kosher animals and children (episode 210) 58:02
o R’ Yisroel Aryeh Leib (episode 210) 59:21
• Chassidus question: Please explain the idea of the two makifim we wear on our heads. 1:02:34
• My Life 2018 essays: Parenting: Crisis as Growth, Gali Yehoshua, 38, Israel; Serving G-d Despite Challenge: Four Steps of “How To”, Rochel Schwartz, 20, Chicago, Illinois; Discernment as a Foundation for Refining the Soul and Optimizing its Health, Roey Lugasi, 36, Kiryat Gat, Israel 1:08:08