CUE ONE GO-Theatre Show
About This Show
A talk show format, twice-a-month podcast hosted by Michael Blackston and Toni King. Everything is covered from onstage performance to backstage crew and technical areas. The feel is casual, fun, and friendly, which makes for a clean environment fit for the entire family. If you can't get enough of live theatre and are always craving more, make Cue One Go - The Theatre Show a regular on your playlist.
Most Recent Episode
Ten Ways To Battle Theatrical Insecurities - C1G 017
Aug 7, 2015
Insecurity isn't an issue that only affects a few people. Nearly every actor, singer, dancer battles with their own insecurities, whether it be how they look, how they perform, or both.
I am and have always been my own worst critic. And that extends past my stage performing into every aspect of my life as an artist.
So you may be asking, “How do I battle my own insecurities? I don't ever feel good enough.”
Here are Ten Ways To Battle Theatrical Insecurities.
1. Understand that you're not alone
2. Realize that having insecurities is a GOOD thing
3. Start thinking of ways to mentally hit the kill switch when doubt starts creeping in
4. Understand that NO ONE likes the way they look
5. Understand that NO ONE likes the way they sound
6. Listen only to helpful critique
7. Seek out constructive criticism
8. Vocalize your worth every day
9. Don't look back on negative experiences
10. Understand that you won't know until you try
These are just some of the things I live by when I start telling myself that I'm not good enough.
We've moved our FB content to facebook.com/myeverythingarts. Please come join our group and be a part of the C1G/My Everything Arts community!
Please consider giving us an honest revue on iTunes to help us get noticed. Your opinion counts and iTunes is a great way to get the word out there.
Links to articles mentioned in Episode 17:
Dailymail UK article written by Michael Crawford
Episodes of This Show
Jul 22, 2015
Jul 9, 2015