The Bridge Sports Podcast
About This Show
The Bridge is a weekly sports show that will discuss the current and intriguing topics of the sports world. Most shows feature interviews with members of the sports media to help enhance conversation and to also tell their stories in the process.
Most Recent Episode
The Bridge Ep. 83: Eric Edholm, NFL writer for Pro Football Weekly and FanRag Sports, joins the show to discuss the main storylines from Week 1 in the NFL and look ahead to Week 2 and beyond
6 days ago
The NFL made its 2017 debut this past week, and while Week 1 didn’t hold a ton of excitement, nothing circles the wagons quite like the National Football League. Some teams impressed, others disappointed, and the buzz from the return of football remains strong. Let’s take a closer look at what we saw.
Before we get into Episode 83, as a reminder, The Bridge is broadcast as a one-hour radio show every Wednesday night at 7 ET and again at 8 ET on Sports Radio America. Once the dust settles from that live broadcast, the show is released as a podcast on iTunes and on this website on Friday. You can listen to the show every Wednesday on Sports Radio America here or through the TuneIn app, and find some bonus content each week when the show comes out in podcast form.
* “Sports News Read Like Real News” told the tale of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger becoming the new No. 1 in Cleveland (2:18).
* The Bridge Question of the Week is: What was your main takeaway from Week 1 of the NFL season? Leave a voicemail or text in your answer to 929-BRIDGE7, that’s 929-274-3437, and you’ll make it on the next show.
* “Wait, Who?!” introduced us to the rookie running back who now holds the NFL record for the most yards from scrimmage in a debut game (8:45).
* This week’s guest was Eric Edholm, an NFL writer for Pro Football Weekly and FanRag Sports, and a friend of the show. Eric joined us last year to chat about his writing career and to breakdown the NFL draft, and you can check that out in Episode 65 of The Bridge. Now, he’s back to help breakdown all the big stories from Week 1 of the NFL season, including the Chiefs, Patriots, Goff and Wentz, Seahawks, Packers, Giants, Broncos and more. We’ll also hit on some of the surprises and disappointments to start off the season and some things to look out for in Week 2.
* You can follow Ian on Twitter @Eric_Edholm. The interview starts at the 14:18 mark.
– In the interview, we discuss:
His new gigs with Pro Football Weekly and FanRag Spo