Growth Mapping Podcast
About This Show
Join us as we uncover the top growth strategies that the top marketing minds are using today to take their businesses to the next level. Each episode we discuss how to get more customers, earn more revenue, and take your business to the next level.
Most Recent Episode
Ep 35 - The Massive LinkedIn Opportunity And How To Take Advantage Of It
2 days ago
Today, Sujan is picking Aaron's brain on LinkedIn. We are going to talk about how to leverage LinkedIn as a platform. Aaron has been crushing it on LinkedIn and Sujan has been secretly stalking him. On this episode Aaron shares strategies and tactics that have helped him find and build an audience and speak to them directly.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
● 00:54 How LinkedIn has changed and how they are trying to be a popular social media network.
● 01:18 LinkedIn cares about natively created content and it is favored by their algorithm.
● 02:17 Crafting impactful stories for a status update. Using pure text with no outbound links.
● 04:48 Crafting careful updates with a structure that generates curiosity about what is behind the "see more" button.
● 06:09 We have a group for global marketing leaders which allows us to use LinkedIn to send direct messages and group announcements. So we use LinkedIn's targeting to create a group and use it almost like an email list.
● 07:54 Tactics of getting an audience together and being smart about the direct message strategy.
● 09:44 When opportunities come up it's a good idea to jump on them while they are still working. Right now status updates are working for creating a narrative and providing one impactful lesson.
● 10:47 Strategy of creating the story and then editing it down to 1300 characters.
● 11:44 Aaron creates at least one status update post a day. This is pretty much how pulse was early on.
● 12:39 How posts get sent to a sample audience. If there is engagement LinkedIn will show it to a wide range of people. Get engagement happening by asking for help from friends and co-workers.
14:04 Native video for LinkedIn has the potential for outstanding reach.