Successful Performercast by Kris Sheppard | Successful Performer Cast | Weekly Interviews with Professional Entertainers | Show Business, Showbiz, Performer, Magic, Magician, Juggler, Comedian, Musician
About This Show
The Successful Performercast is the show where I interview one full-time professional entertainer per week with the goal of inspiring and equipping those who are working to make the leap themselves. This is a show for all performers whether you’re a magician, a comedian, a juggler, or anything in between. You’ll hear and learn from the pros that are actually out there making a living doing what they love.
I focus on questions designed to learn about each entertainer’s journey, struggles and victories while at the same time drawing out inspiration and tangible business advice that will help our listeners build their own businesses as entertainers.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
S8E14: Joe Monti - Great Advice on Show Business
Mar 25, 2016
In my final interview here in this chapter of Successful Performercast, I have Joe Monti who gives us some valuable advice when it comes to show business and shares some stores from his career that will have you at the edge of your seat.
Joe Monti has done it all. He’s traveled the world with his magic, both performing and lecturing. He’s worked with Viacom, starting with the Cosby Show. He’s consulted for television on a number of shows & projects, including Criss Angel’s Mind Freak for three seasons, a lot of ghost and paranormal shows as well as other secret television projects. He was also the $50,000 winner on Simon Cowell’s successful prime time ABC hit American Inventor, which was seen by 14 million people.
He’s a frequent featured performer at the world famous Hollywood Magic Castle, home of the Academy of Magical Arts, and has released two commercial products straight from his act on the market for working magicians. Joe has done so much to elevate the art of magic, it’s impossible to list it all here.
Survive. You’ve got to kiss the canvas before you can dance with the angels.
Great Advice on Show Business
• Talks about his early days in show business.
• Talks about how he discovered Tannen’s and started hanging out there.
• Tells how he “jumped ship” over at Viacom.
• “Do for others, and they will do for you."
• Tells about a how he was filming a TV show after quitting Viacom, where he was dressed all slummy and running into all the people he used to work with.
• Keeping you ear to the ground to figure out what people want and doing it.
• Talks about his physical comedy.
• Why you should do things exactly as you’re taught before adding your own influence into an act you’re working on.
• Finding what’s funny.
• An effective, yet controversial, tip for getting tips in a strolling situation, and why Joe stopped doing it.
• An interesting story involving Dave Chapelle.
• Magic minds help in business.
• Deliver a product that they can't get from anybody but you.
Help Out Joe
As many of you may know, Joe was involved in a pretty serious accident. This interview was recorded before that accident, and Joe wanted to come back on before we officially released this interview to gRead more »
Episodes of This Show
Mar 11, 2016
Mar 4, 2016
Feb 26, 2016
Feb 19, 2016