Stop Chasing Skinny Podcast | SKFitLife
About This Show
☀️NBC’s SPARTAN RACE TV Series Season 1 Contestant… Founder of the SKFitLife Challenge and www.skfitlife.com, Stephanie Keenan is a wellness expert and fitness coach. Do you want to learn how to LOOK as fit as you FEEL? Have you thought to yourself, yeah, I DO want to reach my fitness goals in a more concise way! Listen each week to learn how to bring it all together. We know you have more important things to do with your time than slog away on the treadmill or elliptical chasing skinny.
Most Recent Episode
58: How to Save a Dog’s Life with It’s the Pits’ Beth Gruff – Stop Chasing Skinny Podcast
Many of us have heard how having a dog can improve our health through reducing our stress levels and improving our happiness, but how much do we really know about keeping our dogs mentally healthy? For anyone who knows me in person or follows me on social media, you know how much I love my doggies. You may have also noticed that I am involved with a rescue these days.
Well, I have learned sooooooo much since working with It’s the Pits rescue and their incredible behaviorist that I just had to get some of this information on the Stop Chasing Skinny Podcast. Regardless of your favorite breed of dog or your geographical location, you will take away some very valuable information from this episode. And please, please, please share this episode. You never know how many doggie lives can be improved and saved from your share.
☀️ What is the difference between a shelter and a rescue?
☀️ What is the difference between a no-kill shelter and a regular shelter?
☀️ What happens if I surrender my dog to a shelter?
☀️ Will my dog find a new home if I surrender it?
☀️ Common reasons why people give their dogs up to a shelter and how to keep your family together:
* Dog Behavior Issues – Work with a behaviorist.
* Dog Aggression – Work with a behaviorist.
* Moving – Where there is a will, there is a way. Plan in advance so you can look for a place that accepts pets. If your dog serves as an emotional support animal, get it certified, and then it is no longer considered a “pet”. This means it doesn’t fall under pet policies such as “no pets”, size restrictions, or breed restrictions. If you are looking for the specific law, it is found under the Fair Housing Act.
* Breed/Size Restrictions – See point above.
* Don’t have time…” – Dog walkers and doggie day care are wonderful for this, but can cost some $. If cost is a concern, see if any of your friends could swap doggie play dates. I personally meet up with a friend once a week at the local dog park so we can catch up and our dogs can get all of their energy out. I see people out there with 6-packs of beer and wine on a regular basis too because why not s
Rated 5 out of
GREAT SHOW, very informative.
I've been chasing skinny for a long time. The rock bottom moment for me hit 14 months ago and I've lost 110 lbs, but still have another 20 or so pounds to loose. Why does the BMI chart say that I'm still obese when I weight 225 and I'm 6'6"? how thin is thin?
Date published: 2016-10-22