Split Screen Podcast
About This Show
A Podcast that compares film remakes to their source material (comic books, television, movies) to discover the similarities, expose the differences and provide insight to put it all into context; also Bollywood shenanigans!
Most Recent Episode
Split Screen Podcast: Episode 31 – Netflix And Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’ Review
The culmination of the TV version of ‘The Avengers’ is finally here! Starting with Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’, Netflix and Marvel Studios have built their own shared universe on TV through the revolutionary streaming service provided by Netflix. With follow up shows like Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones‘, Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’, Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’, which all pushed the boundaries of conventional storytelling and content, (not ‘Iron Fist’) ‘The Defenders’ was a highly anticipated show.
So check out Episode 31 as host Shah Shahid and first time guest James Amatuzio Review Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’.
Here’s a quick refresher to what the show is all about:
The Split Screen Podcast compares and analyzes movies that are adaptations of other works, directly with the source material that they were inspired by. This episode reviews the latest Netflix series, Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’.
* This episode is a Spoiler-filled Review of Marvel’s ‘The Defenders’.
* Shah introduces first time guest James Amatuzio.
* James grills Shah not knowing how long the series was.
* A quick rundown and description of each of the other Netflix and Marvel shows, and what made them stand out.
* James spoils the ending in the first 10 minutes.
* James hate for ‘Iron Fist’ spills into the show.
* ‘Iron First’ is not necessary to watch before watching ‘The Defenders’.
* Shah and James share their first impressions of ‘The Defenders’.
* Shah fills in the gaps for James on Colleen Wing’s contributions to the show.
* ‘The Defenders’ spin-off idea!
* Rosario Dawson is awesome!
* We discuss the problems with the MCU villains and how Netflix almost corrected it.
* Both are super excited to see what happens with Jessica Henwick’s Colleen Wing and Simone Missick’s Misty Knight!
* Neither Shah nor James are interested in a ‘The Defenders’ Season 2.
Where To Find James
James’ Twitter: @jamatuzi
Follow Us Everywhere!
Follow the Podcast
Rated 5 out of
Fascinating stuff! Treat for movie buffs.
It has been barely a few months when I came across the word PODCAST for the very first time i.e. POD (ipod) + BROADCAST! And now, I am absolutely in love with it. Coming to this show presented by the charismatic voice of Shah Shahid, it's an absolute treat for movie buffs. Especially if you are into Bollywood. The SPLIT SCREEN PODCAST compares original films with it's remakes. And well, I am happy to say this that all of the six episodes are rich in content, full of delicious conversations. Talking about Shah, the host of the show, he is doing a marvellous job. He is simply fun to listen. Likewise, so are his guests on the show. The runtime of each episode on average is around 30-35 minutes. And it all passes without even a snatch of boredom. Well, it all depends. If you into movies, Shah has lots of fascinating stuff for you to talk about. But if you are not, you can try listening to one of his episode's for his voice only. Highly recommended by me. Especially for all the cinephile's who have some interest in Indian films. It's worth your time.
Date published: 2015-12-05