World of Speakers
About This Show
The World of Speaker podcast series, hosted by Ryan Foland and powered by SpeakerHub, helps up-and-coming speakers build their speaking business with expert tips from world-renowned speakers.
Find out more here: https://speakerhub.com/skillcamp.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
World of Speakers E.43: Don’t be afraid to muss it up | Sally Zimney
Don’t be afraid to muss it up. Ryan Foland speaks with Sally Zimney, a professional speaking coach, podcaster and trainer. Sally’s expertise lies in helping speakers connect on a deeper, more human level with their audience.
In this fun and fast-moving talk, Sally and Ryan explore what to do when things go wrong on stage—and how it can ultimately work to your benefit when they do.
Listen to this podcast to find out:
- The 3 things you need to do when things go wrong.
- Why being perfect and polished is actually a turn-off for audiences, and stands between you building a connection with them.
- How to tell stories that will really resonate.
- How to find the right balance of authenticity that won’t repel your audience.
- The three boxes you need to check before you can transition into paid speaking.Read more »