Sox and Sandals Podcast
About This Show
This podcast exists to create dialogue among people with various worldviews. Our faith, religion, political stance, etc are things in society that we easily allow to drive us apart. Trust me, Sox and Sandals is all for a good debate every now and then, but there comes a time when we have to put ego aside and allow the individual define who they are, and for subject matter experts to be given the room to speak on the subject at hand. We ascribe to so many labels now days that we think we know who someone is or what they're about before they even put two sentences together. I believe that if we take the time to understand each other's worldview we can achieve meaningful change that will set up the next generation for true long lasting success. Here at Sox & Sandals compassion is key, love is the ultimate ethic, and everything thing we do is for the greater good of society.
Most Recent Episode
African American Excellence Pt. III - Nichole Watson (Ep. 48 )
2 days ago
In this week's episode I have the honor of learning from one of the most innovative and impactful teachers in Oregon. Teacher, community leader, wife, sister, mentor, and overall phenomenal woman, Mrs. Nichole Watson. Her attention to detail, her empathy, and love is what propels her to be great. The byproduct of her efforts is pure excellence. This is the A-side of this conversation. Episode 49 is the B-side.
- (4:40) Nykki gives is the story behind what led her to choose a career in teaching.
- (21:10) Teachers don’t quit schools, they quit principles.
- (32:23) Nykki breaks down how she fills gaps in education that the school system isn’t equipped to deal with.
1. Stay in the classroom as long as possible
2. Providing care. Making kids aware the Mrs. Watson cares and shows empathy. Each kids does the love language test.
3. Create a bridge between the classroom and community. The classroom is just an extension of the village.