KungFu Podcasts | Explore the Culture, Adventure and Impact of Martial Arts
About This Show
The audience of this program is some of the Finest and Sharpest Martial Artists in the world. TW Smith brings the stories of martial arts to life by looking at the Culture, Adventures and Impact of Martial Arts, through the lenses of history, research, legends and lore. Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Karate, BJJ and many other systems as well as sports such as MMA are all included. It is designed to serve our martial arts communities today and years down the road. Committed Martial Artists are only a tiny percentage of any population, We need to know what we have in common, more so than how we are different.
Most Recent Episode
First Hand Account of Martial Arts in WW1
2 days ago
The Traditional Martial Arts in WW1 : 1918
A First Hand Account From a Judo Man
* Ben Judkins and Joseph Svinth Essay
* The Forgotten Army of Chinese Laborer’s
* Martial Art Demonstration’s in 1918
* EJ. Harrison: British Journalist Biography
* First Westerner to receive a blackbelt from the Kodokan
* Author : Manual of Karate : Link: http://amzn.to/2paTx8X
* Author: Judo :Link: http://amzn.to/2FWmhfi
* The Accounts of Martial Arts in France : 1918
* Link: https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205244369
* Traditional Martial Arts can not be separated from its Cultural Factors.
* Thesis : “Sacred, the Laborers : Writing Chinese in the First World War”
An Account of the time and place, from a Chinese Author
Kung Fu Podcasts is a Value for Value Program, if you find value in my work, consider
Supporting KungFu Podcasts
Rated 5 out of
Short in length, Deep in knowledge and information
I found my way to Sifu TW Smith's podcast by way of Iain Abernethy. At 24 years of age I've finally had the time, place and finances to practice Martial arts; specifically Wing Chun. I can't get enough of it, it's always on my mind and I try to apply everything I learn in class to my life. I thank Sifu TW Smith for helping sate my never ending quest for all things kung fu. The knowledge and experience of Sifu Smith is clear and with each podcast I feel I become a better martial artist. I like to think that my Wing Chun teacher helps me hone my body and with every podcast Sifu Smith helps me hone my mind. Sorry for the rambling. 5/5!
Date published: 2015-09-09
Rated 5 out of
T.W. Smith brings the goods!
This is probably the most well researched martial arts podcast available. Mr. Smith works with a number of prominent researchers to bring amazing content. Mr. Smith's speaking style and narrative are clear and engaging. He strives to constantly improve and has noticeably done so. KungFu Podcast has my highest recommendation.
Date published: 2016-06-12