About This Show
Radeo is a podcast for Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneurs. It is hosted by Ross Drakes and Rich Mulholland and produced by the Entrepreneurs organisation in South Africa. Tune in every 2 weeks to hear conversations with business owners who will share their experiences and stories of what they have learnt building their business and what drives them to keep going.
Most Recent Episode
#06 RadEO with S. M. Imran of Din Industries
In this episode of RadEO we speak to S.M. Imran about leaving a hugely successful company to start a new one, the challenges in running a family company and keeping your self and how to be successful no matter what industry you move into.
Subscribe on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/radeo/id1250841955) or Soudcloud (https://soundcloud.com/radeopodcast)
Books we talked about:
* Malcolm Gladwell - The Tipping point (https://www.amazon.com/Tipping-Point-Little-Things-Difference/dp/0316346624)
S.M.Imran is a passionate EO Lahore member for last 7 years. He has spent 6 years in EO leadership and is currently serving as Regional Chair MEPA (Middle East, Pakistan and Africa) region.
An undergrad from American University in Dubai in BBA Finance. He finished his high schooling from Canada and earlier years in Karachi, Pakistan.
He started off his career with his family business by leading setup of a new Textile Spinning factory in the family’s textile segment. At that point, the textile was doing sales if $45 million annually for the group. He was able to drive the production and sales of the segment up to $108 million in 7 years. He also started a poultry layer farm business as a new segment with the capacity of 300000 eggs per day. The other businesses in the family are leather, banking and power generation.
In 2013, he left the family business and started assisting his nephew in setting up a fashion retail brand for women “BTW | By The Way”. Is currently engaged in starting another business of Property development to redefine lifestyle in peri-urban areas of the country. www.btwonline.pk
Apart from work and EO. He has been an active philanthropist in supporting and working for relief in natural disaster struck areas of Pakistan. He has served as a member on boards of many govt and private bodies including hospitals, universities, governmental committees and textile association.
* Tell us about your entrepreneurial journey getting involved in the family business what lead you to EO and where are you headed right now 1:21
* Family business 1:33
* Retail business 3:34
* Property in Pakistan 5:35
* “By now or cry later” where did you pick up on this? 6:26
* Most important thing about retail is how you plan your merchandising 9:52
* How did you target the key individuals who drive the behaviour? 10:42
* How did you design your business model around consumer behaviour? 13:43
* Family first mindset 14:45
Episodes of This Show
Nov 22 2017
Sep 6 2017
Aug 13 2017
Jul 11 2017